Last updated December 2017
How we collect your data
We subscribe to the best fundraising practice guidelines provided by the Institute of Fundraising and The Fundraising Regulator. Team Kenya fully subscribes to The Data Protection Act (1998), The E-communications Act (2003) and The Charities Act (2016).
We will never intentionally misuse or allow others to misuse any personal data it collects or holds.
How we use your data
We use your postal address to thank you for your donation(s) where we don’t have an email address or you unsubscribed from our email communications.
We use your telephone number to provide information, including fundraising and marketing if we have consent from you to do so. We will not contact you by telephone if you are registered on the Telephone Preferential Service (TPS) unless we have a specific opt-in from you for us to contact you by telephone or the call is of administrative nature. We will not use your number to send SMS.
We only send you emails, including our newsletter, if you have given us your consent. You can unsubscribe to our emails at any time, by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of all our emails, or by getting in touch email@example.com
Team Kenya will not sell, trade or rent your personal contact details to any organisation. We do use third-party financial institutions to process our donations. They receive the card number and other personal information only to verify and process transactions securely. We do not allow for any third parties to sell, trade or rent this data or use it for anything other than what they are contracted to do, or store the data over a long-term period.
We carry out research using publicly available information and expressed interests which allows our fundraising team to communicate with supporters in an individual and tailored way relating to their interests. This allows us to reduce the amount of unwanted or irrelevant communications sent to our donors.
How we store your information
Team Kenya stores all information relating to individuals in a secure online cloud or on our secure online database. No personal information is stored on staff computers or external hard drives unless necessary. When this is required additional password protection is used to protect this information.
If you do wish to exercise any of your rights, as listed below please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Access to your personal information;
- Objection to processing of your personal information;
- Objection to automated decision-making and profiling;
- Restriction of processing of your personal information;
- Your personal data portability;
- Rectification of your personal information; and
- Erasure of your personal information
If you make a request relating to any of your rights listed above, we will consider each request in accordance with all applicable data protection laws and regulations. No administration fee will be charged for for considering and/or complying with such a request unless the request is deemed to be excessive in nature.
Upon successful verification of your identity you are entitled to obtain the following information about your own personal information:
- The purposes of the collection, processing, use and storage of your personal data. The source(s) of the personal information, if it was not obtained from you.
- The categories of personal data stored about you.
- The recipients or categories of recipients to whom your personal data has been or may be transmitted, along with the location of those recipients.
- The envisaged period of storage for your personal data or the rationale for determining the storage period.
- The use of any automated decision-making and/or profiling.
You can make the above request by emailing email@example.com
Get in touch.
We strive to be transparent and open and of course we couldn’t carry out our vital work without the financial backing of our supporters. If you wish to discuss any of this further, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.